Monday 5 December 2016

HMLS Swiftsure - First 'Modular' Landship Super Structure Complete

Anyone remember the two generic Landship hulls I built earlier this? I vaguely do...well at the time I collected all the parts for the four interchangeable super structures I planned and then promptly got busy with other stuff. So now I'm fired up again to get back into this project thanks to the recent Denmark Crossing scenario and game. I've decided to complete these super structures so I can get all of my he Landships on the gaming table in 2017!

First off the HMLS Swiftsure, the British answer to the Americans all big gun Landship, I'll do a post with a write up the vehicle's specifications soon!

The finished model of the HMLS Swiftsure...



A picture of one of the generic hulls with the parts of the Swiftsure super structure...
it's the usual collection of styrene sheet and PVC pipe assemblies with pins for rivets. The secondary turrets are the caps off the shampoo bottles you get in hotel rooms and the funnel base is a left over suspension part from my Dragon 1/6 Panzer II kit with a plastic tube extension. The main guns are barrels from a 1/35 Nebelwerfer a mate discarded and the secondary guns are Perry ACW gun barrels thanks to Midshipman easy!
Note - if you have any spare 1/56 Perry ACW gun barrels from their ACW artillery set let me know!

The parts test fitted to the generic hull to check it all looks okay...


Painted up superstructure ready for fitting...

Next time; more Landship stuff!

2 comments: